- The Whatcom Art Guild Celebrates Ski to Sea With An Art Show and Street Fair
- The Annual Whatcom Art Guild Spring Art and Crafts Show will be held at a new location and new time this year. The Spring Ski To Sea Show will be held at Fox Hall next to the Hampton Inn by the Bellingham Airport. (Exit #258 from I-5 to 3985 Bennett Drive.) The dates and times will be May 17, 6pm—8pm, May 18 and 19, 10am—5pm.
- Approximately 50 Guild members will display artwork in a variety of categories: paintings in oil, acrylic, and water media; drawings in pencil and pen & ink; silk painting; mixed media or collage; photography; handcrafted fabrics; and three-dimensional artwork, such as: ceramics, crafts, jewelry, and sculpture.
- Art fans can enjoy refreshments, art demonstrations and music as they browse and shop. There will be a garden plant sale, and food by Bare Bones Barbecue.
- The art festivities continue on the Ski To Sea weekend with a colorful booth at the Fairhaven street festival. Also visit the Whatcom Art Market in the McKenzie Alley where outside art, entertainment, refreshments and kid friendly activities will abound on Sun. May 26, from 10am to 5 pm. For more info: www.whatcomartguild.org or phone 738-8564.
Welcome to Our Website
The Whatcom Art Guild is a non-profit organization that has been dedicated to supporting the visual arts in Whatcom County Washington since 1964. We meet on the fourth Monday of each month (except for May, August and December) in the lower level meeting room of the Bellingham Public Library at 7 p.m. The library is located at 210 Central Avenue in downtown Bellingham. Click here for a map.
The purpose of the guild is to
• Organize exhibits in which members may display and sell artworks,
• Provide an environment in which artists can meet and exchange ideas and information,
• Support life-long art education,
• Encourage and promote the visual arts within Whatcom County,
• Establish ties within the county that promote the visual arts, and
• Promote member artists and the Whatcom Art Guild.Learn More About the Guild >>